Weaving stories of Indonesia, Episode 1: Lembata
We present our 2021 slow-ethical fashion collection, “Weaving stores of Indonesia, Episode 1: Lembata” showcasing contemporary women’s wear, crafted from hand-woven textiles from Lembata, Nusa Tenggara Timur, Indonesia.
ONLY AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER. To pre-order this special collection or for further information, please contact us via WhatsApp or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stay with the Weavers by Sa’dan river, learn to weave, lunch cooked by the Weavers. Or stay at a 3-star hotel in Rantepao.
- Stay with Suloara’ Village people, guided tour to Bamboo forest, snack & lunch cooked by the Village people.
- Or stay in Banua Sarira (Dinny’s house in Batutumonga)
- Toraja Cultural Night with traditional dance & music
- Sight-seeing tours, including a visit to the local market
- White-water rafting
- Attend ceremony, if available
- Stay in the Weavers’ houses in Balla hills, learn to weave, meals cooked by the weavers.
- Or stay at a 3 star hotel in town
- Hiking to a nearby waterfall
- Enjoy natural hot spring bath
- Mamasa Cultural performance with local dance and music
- sight-seeing to traditional villages & local market
- Attend a ceremony, if available
- Fly to Larantuka, then take a small boat across Flores Strait
- Stay at PEKKA Guest House in Lodan Doe
- Learn to weave and enjoy organic food, including the famous sorghum and corn, served by PEKKA women
- Sight-seeing to traditional villages & sandy beaches
- Fly to Kupang, then take a small plane to Lewoleba airport
- Stay at PEKKA Guest House in Kerubaki beach
- Learn to weave and enjoy organic food, including fresh seaweed salad, served by PEKKA women
- Sight-seeing to traditional villages, smoking volcano & sandy beaches
- Visit local markets for the famous natural dye & hand-spun cotton ikat hand-woven textile
To make life better for the weavers & village people. To preserve & rejuvenate Indonesian art & culture, especially tenun gedog or hand-woven textile
Menikmati Keindahan Tenun di Pameran Sole Oha
Sebuah pameran menarik yang menyorot kehidupan dan karya penenun Adonara […]
Women Weavers Struggle to Produce and Market Tenun
“My grandmother taught me how to weave back when I […]
Mama Mama Pelestari Budaya Tenun
roses tenun untuk kebutuhan sarung, Nusa Tenggara Timur. tirto.id/Arimacs Wilander Di ruang […]